Sunday, March 11, 2007

My proud sad important little secret

I guess if you are regular visitor to my blog you will notice that I don't update my blog as usual , no I am not sick thank God ,nor ideas and topics can't be found heaven forbids but I am busy

Not busy because my personal life makes me so , no not yet but because in the past of days I dedicated myself to something I promised this year to be write about after couple of months exactly June , but the current events that occurred in the past two weeks made me change my mind and started early my work

as you know this year is 2007 and next June will be the 40 anniversary for the six days war and as I made a series of posts about the 1956 Suez war, I decided to make a series of post about 1967 six days and as I know the impact and the results of that war that made a turning point in the history not only in the middle East but the whole world from the 1960s till now ,I decided I prepare my sources and my posts from now , There are many files in my mind that I won't reveal now let everything to its time , yet there is one file that I thought it was too big to be discussed in one post or even one blog ,it was the Egyptian POWs , when I began to read more and more since last year concerning them I realized that my duty as an Egyptian blogger who writes in English to believer to those who don't live in the Arab world and don't know Arabic the other side of the coin to let the rest of world know about the war crimes that happened to the Egyptian POWs in the six days war,I felt it was my duty to only translate what happened to those people may be one or two will read it and feel that those POWs need justice, anyhow I discussed with my Egyptian Blogger friends and we agreed to the idea of making a website based upon a blog where it would be what happened really  back then , I was really encouraged and I felt I wasn't alone especially with the great help of the wonderful Egyptian girl Bent Masrya and her wonderful work of banners

I started in making the blog ,which is rather a website ,not only for 1967 but the war crimes that happened in 1956 too ,I didn't leave a single point or incident hopefully in the war of 1956 that took three or two months to finish the 1956

Then I started the 1967 POWs files , yes it is not a single file ,it is a stack of files ,sad ones ,I began to gather the material as I can but still there was a shortage ,all I had was many photos ,some stories including the Shaked scandal ,yes I know about it from a long long time ago

thankfully to heaven the Israeli channel 1 and the director of "Rush Shaked" decided to air the documentary causing all the buzz in Israel and all the fury in Egypt and files , testimonies ,People of Sinai, former POWs began to appear and talk and I was just in heaven ,so in those couple of days and expect another more couple of days ,I dedicate myself to gather all these pieces of information here and there in order to translate them and write them down as they should be.

What I did in the Egyptian POWs forgotten files is still not completed yet , already I didn't complete the design of the blog itself , I didn't install the plugins of wordpress that I need as I am concentrating now on the material which is the important thing here

Anyhow I feel that what is there can be useful please visit it now and spread the news ,I want to hit the iron while it is hot

Warning the design is not finished yet

Please click on the banner

You know I feel so sad and angry really when You search more and more you will find tragedy and you know the bless you have in your life now that you live among your people enjoying life and reading those lines now in this blog , not running away trying to avoid capture in the middle of the very hot hell summer of Sinai , you know I don't know why I remember the verses of Bob Dylan famous "Like a rolling stone" with "No direction home like a rolling stone" those men ,those great heroes were like the rolling stone between a commandership that was having its own battles for rule and an enemy that no the name the word of mercy to other races in its dictionary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.