Monday, May 7, 2007

Next thing it will be on a bikini

As if we need more provocation , a report with a photo proof about the spread of  slippers that are sold in Cairo , these slippers have the print of the Egyptian flag !!

Our own Egyptian flag !! The highest symbol for the nation , the dignity symbol and all these meanings is on a slipper that is wore in feet!!

It is not only the Egyptian flag but also other flags , strangely none of them is the American nor the Israeli nor the Saudi ,of course I understand why

Strangely no one knows where these slippers are made , but the source where you can buy it is the "El-Atab" market , so it is smuggled !!

The best selling slippers according to the sellers are the Egyptian flag and Brazilian flag "we love Brazil so much!!"

I don't what the next humiliation the Egyptian flag will see ?? an Egyptian flag bikini

expect more about the disrespect of the police towards the Egyptian flags in the protest

Did I mention before that my great great grand father who fought with Orabawy's army against the British invasion in 1882 in Ismailia where after the defeat he took our old Egyptian red flag to our home to hide it so it wouldn't be in the hands of the British , this flag was then in the keep of my great grand father till the last British soldier left Egypt in 1954 then my grand father with his father went and presented the flag to the Egyptian army and the army took it and put it in the military museum in the Citadel where you can now see it and know that this red flag was in the keep of Zeinobia's family !!

Link to المصريون - صحيفة يومية مستقلة

7 comments:

  1. it is good to see Egyptian girls getting competetive!

    seriously speaking nothing is wrong with that! I feel proud when i see sexy modern Egyptian girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know it's very common in the US to find the American flag on all sorts of things, from flip flops to men's boxers to floor mats. I never thought of it as disrespectful until my mother once expressed her shock at how a flag could be disrespected like that. I think it's an Arab thing to consider a flag on a shoe to be disrespectful, while in America, getting dressed up in the flag from hairbow to slippers is considered "patriotic".

    ReplyDelete
  3. no, no. I think it is an Israeli conspiracy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As an American, I believe we should be able to burn the flag - freedom of speech, which I might add is practiced by many people who hate us. A flag on flip-flops? Sorry, I don't wear flip-flops (and I don't burn flags either.) But,our family does have several bandanas with flags on them. I don't believe it's disrespect, but an artful show of patriotism.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @amr ,I don't see where do you see those modern Egyptian girls in the post , there is no Egyptian flag bikinis

    @moi, may be it is differnt view , you know I love to have things on the shape of my flag too but there are some things not accetable like a man's boxer or a bikini or a bra or flip flops ,wearing a boxer with the country's flag is very disgusting just like the flip flops

    @globalorama, I think it can be china , because the Chinese flag is not included,seriously when they asked the sellers about the Israeli and the America flag they deny that may exist but they know that the people won't buy them because of the unpopularity of the two country
    Anyhow I won't dismiss what you think ,it is still an option !!

    @Vegabondblogger,I wish there is an Egyptian flag bandana , it will be very cool, already I have this silly hat we wear in the African nation cup but this different as explain to Moi above , may be it is the cultural difference of what we see acceptable or unacceptable

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Zeinobia,
    First about the flip flops, well it is more of an imported fashion, I have flipflops with the union jack on them, I've seen ones with stars and stripes, the idea of the shoe or the soul of the foot being dirty and disrespectful is only present in our communities and business tips to travellers often point out this issue as very important to understand about our are.
    Second, about the Orabi flag story, I'm impressed and I invite u to rewrite it and republish it in our Flickr group, maybe a picture of it too?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @aqua,you are right about ,yet I think it is not a bad thing,already this is from the respect to the country and its symbol
    it is cultural differences issue you can't blame anyone in it , for example for reading the comments about the AMericans I found that they find it patriotic to have the flag on flip flops where as we consider unacceptable because the feet is disrespectful and thus the flag shouldn't be on flipflops ,it must be respected as an act of patriotism
    about the Orabi flag inshallah I will write it down in the group ,it is one of things I feel so proud about

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.