Thursday, March 20, 2008

Traffic Jams and bread : Personal experiences

The newest two crisis in Egypt : Bread and Traffic Jams

You know about the bread , I do not need and I do not want to publish the pictures of the bread queues in Egypt and it is enough to say that 6 people this week were killed because of these queues ; the presidential intervention came at very critical time but I think it is better to speak about my personal experience from what I hear and see around me , well according to mom the groceries in our high middle class neighbourhood are facing shortage from "Baladi Bread" {our main type of Bread in Egypt} , you must buy them early or you will not be able to find them after 11 AM !! And that bread kind is not the best one in the market ,of course its price is higher than th common one , we now buy our stock from "Baladi Bread"  from Metro Market.

****************************

Now What is wrong with traffic these days in Cairo and Giza ?? It is terrible now , believe it or not I found four generals yesterday Wednesday  in different streets trying to organize the traffic I swear in Agouza,Mohendessin and Gamat Al Doula. Yeah I know we always have our daily share in Cairo and Giza from traffic jams but not like this ,for God Sake I stood in the sun for a whole hour to find an empty taxi , imagine for one hour ,I swear I feel so sick and tired till now .

It is not about population people ,seriously we were not like this from few months , what happened to us !!??

3 comments:

  1. You are upper middle class if you are shopping at the very pricey and expensive Metro Market!

    Maybe more people can afford more cars or maybe they need to increase the price of gas instead of the price of bread!

    You waited a whole hour for a cab. What would you do if you waited a whole day for bread is my question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traffic in Maadi seems to be getting denser, as well. Went to City Stars today for the first time since last summer and the traffic jams were constant, with fights between cabbies and riders all around. It was insane.

    As for the bread crisis - the government has more trouble on it's hands than it might think. People killing each other over food is a dire situation and they should really take care. A friend told me that the US dollar downfall is creating a worldwide problem for any economy based on the dollar, he said, including Egypt. It's pretty much a worldwide mess! Let's all give a big thank-you to "W".

    ReplyDelete
  3. @anonymous , yes I am upper Middle class and yes I wait for a cab for one hour , this does not make me the bad rich girl , go and attack those who made me people kill each other for bread

    @Vagabond,I hate going to city stars mall , seriously it is terrible
    strangely since Mubarak ordered the army to solve the problem more people are killed !!
    the U.S dollar in Egypt is not like any other part in the world ,it seems to me that it does not go down in Egypt no like any other part in the world despite as your friend said we are having problem because of the fantastic decision Nazif or Abid took to depend on the dollar

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.